Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
FishCrazy

Clear Fork in Ohio

Living where I do, I don't get over here very much, and have never been very successful on this river. For those familiar with it, I've mostly fished in Mohican SP where I understand there's a mix of browns, smallies, and who know's what else. Its mostly the browns that I target, but I've only caught little ones there. My impression is that there is a lot of put-and-take. I've been told the water above the dam is good, too, but have actually only been there once.

I'll be there tomorrow and maybe a little bit on Tuesday. I have a pretty bad history of getting rained on every time I go to Mohican, so I will be happy just to have a dry day and find the stream in good condition. Also a chance to try out a new digital camera - hopefully on a piscine subject!

I visited the area but have yet to actually fish it. It's very nice a buddy of mine fishes there onece in a while, he really likes the gorge section and also has gotten permission on some private land up towards Gatton Rocks. I'd like to get down there, I know a guy down there that I'd like to get out and fish with not to mention my buddy has bugged me about it for a while too. rolleyes.gif The hang up is that it's actually about 15-20 min close for me to shoot over to PA and I hate losing fishing time to travel unless it's REALLY REALLY good!

Looking forward to your report!!

Well, I did try to get in some fishing time today and yesterday. Having a lot of other business to take care of, I ended up getting to the park later than I expected and only had a couple hours to fish before dark. I didn't catch anything, but luckily it was a dry night for camping - that alone made the trip. This morning drove to Gatton Rocks above Butler, but I only fished a total of 1/2 hour between the off-and-on rain and snow!! ohmy.gif Oh well, I had to get home anyways. Gatton Rocks looks really nice, but I will have to wait 'til June to get back there. There's a huge nursery, maybe good 'hopper fishing in the summer?

I envy your being able to go to PA, fishinlk. I will be transferring to Kent State this fall and am looking for fishing opportunities in Eastern OH/Western PA.

Sign in to follow this