Fly Tying
1morecast

" El Rojo"

Wow Frank, that is awesome!!! Is this your own pattern? What a beautifully tyed fly in every detail (body, wing, collar, head...). Beautiful...

Fantastic pattern, fantastic tye, fantastic color. BEAUTIFUL. One thing.....i'd start my fist turn of ribbing just a bit further back, and go for three turns on the rear half of the body, and three turns on the front half. There's absolutely nothin' wrong with havin' 6 turns. It would look better than being an obvious deal where you were tryin to make 5 turns do the job, so you had to stretch that first turn outta place. Just a small detail........but that's what it's all about.....them little details. The fish don't care.........you know the rest. mark..... B)

Mark, I respectfully disagree with your comment on the ribbing. I love the larger spacing of the ribbing and the wider angle that is formed with fewer turns of ribbing. I think it compliments the body beautifully and allows more of the floss body to be visible. I'm not saying that five turns of rib is the magic number, but I think on this fly it looks perfect to me. Kind of a "less is more" thing for me...ya dig? :D

I dig, and not a problem whatsoever Ray. Each to his own. And actually i can agree with that perfectly IF, the second turn had been done at the same angle as the first and third. There's a slight inconsistancy there. I just got a thing about ribs. ( I like PORK and BEEF. :D Short, Spare and Baby-Back ) And them "little things" bug the heck outta me. No biggie.......my wife is Felix, i'm Oscar........thass just the way it is...........she's broke me down over the years though................ya outta see this place......... :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: ...........no, you don't wanna see a mess like this. :hyst: :hyst: mark.....

Again thx to all for the nice comments. Mark and Ray I appreciate the feedback.

Mark, you are right I was trying to follow the gospel- five turns of ribbing. I knew in my mind that six turns would have looked better on this pattern. Also I know that the second turn is not in line with the rest of the ribbing, didnot notice till it was to late.... Back to the vise....

Frank