Fly Tying
flyrod98

A Couple of Pics Using A Speed Lite

I've had a Canon 430EX speed lite since late summer but haven't spent much time learning how to use it. So in anticipation of a family gathering Christmas Eve, decided to try a bounce card similar to something presented at this web site. A Better Bounce Card

These two pics are result of last nights experiments uing a 3x5 card. I got a sheet of craft foam like he uses for his cards at Hobby Lobby today so I can experiment with the card height easier and control the amount of light that goes forward. I like what I'm seeing so far.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Beautiful photos, vivid colors and the detail in the white fur is awesome, and the over all clean crispness is sweet. Great shots.

Graham

I cut a card out of the craft foam and played with it tonight. I haven't downloaded them yet. I can't seem to have much luck with any of the camera modes except AV and flash sync to 1/200th (fixed). I am playing around the 18-55mm kit lens and the 50mm 1.8II nifty fifty as it is sometimes called. Any ideas anyone?

The model is Pippy. She works for nothing.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Same model & flower arrangement and a bounce card made from the craft foam. Used the 50mm f1.8 lens, flash synced to 1/200s, f5.6 apeture priority mode.

IPB Image

Cropped to this

IPB Image

Converted to Black & White

IPB Image

Used Sharpening and B/W conversion Actions from Russel Browns Site