Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
rockthief

a hearty hello!

Hi folks - okay yet another fly fishing website I have joined. My Bookmarks are a litany of fly fishing sites and all related. Fortunately my wife has her own computer so this baby is mine.

I live in mid-valley Western Oregon and have a small river running thru town. It fishes okay from time to time but it needs help. All the fish are wild and native - it has not been stocked since about 1990. The steelhead are slowly returning and I have a bent hook to prove it.

I am an okay tyer, not expert and probably never will be. I love to tie flies. It gives me a respite from any woes I might be experiencing and it is a restorative experience much as is the fish. January will mark four years fishing and tying flies. My first rod was an 8/9 FlyLogic. Fortunately, my second was a 5 wt. and that was the end of common sense in the equipment area. :blink: I have accumulate more than I will use, but I love the elegance of the sport and the beauty of the equipment so I indulge when I can. I will be 61 next year and although I wish I had discovered flyfishing many years ago I am grateful to whatever energies prompted me to begin in January 2004.

Greetings from Oregon and good fishing to you all.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome to one of the best fly tying/fishing forums on the web. It's international, full of variety, and all about the sport. You will find your tying and fishing skills will improve; ask questions, contribute comments, and most of all make friends with those of like mind.

The addiction lives on; you won't find help here, just more fishing addicts.

I'm from central PA, and drool over pictures of Oregon.

Conehead

Welcome Paul. This is the place to be if you want to improve your tying / fishing. Some world class tyers on this forum. Don't be shy about asking questions or making comments, we all started at the same place. I'm 60, and have been at it for 40+/- years. I think I've learned more about tying here than anywhere else over that time period. As far as the "addiction", think of this as a support group.