Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hr. Bach

Black Argus

For your amusement, here is two af the Black Argus flies a couple of freinds and I tied one great saturday a month ago or so. Tommy's to the left and mine to the right.

The fly is a real challenge, end a tinsel body at the head, tie in 18 feathers and horns with no front hackle to hide behind is a killer.

Mvh

Martin

post-3638-1197663951_thumb.jpg

post-3638-1197663990_thumb.jpg

Yes, very nice flies, Martin. I love flies with nothing to hide. Without taking anything away from your friend, I think I like your tie better by virtue of the consistency in your tinseling and the style of your Indian Crow veilings. Nice work!

-Shawn

Holy cow, those are some absoultly awsome flies!!!

Fantastic WT feathers. The simple beauty of a black feather with a perfect white spot is incredible. You both did those feathers justice. Awesome flies :headbang: :headbang:

Hey Martin! Tying a black argus by hand.... you are very very brave! And talented, of course, but we are all already aware of that........

Gotta get some of those Western Trag feathers(means that I'll probably have to sell one of my vehicles!) :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

:) Hi Martin: Exceptional flies, of course. both are VERY beautiful! Always a pleasure to see your work up on here

Dave P. :blink:

Both are incredible flies! I can see now how difficult they must be to tie (especially near the head),

plus the magnificent feathers not seen every day! Great work, Martin and Tommy. :)

Sign in to follow this