Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Sagittarius62

Ready for the Nor'Easter?

We filled the cupboards,(it was shopping day anyway) stopped by the liquor store, got out the candles, bought new playing cards, and a new UNO deck, so we are ready. :D

man i went out today to run to the shop and traffic was killer. everyone is in panic mode. they have been lined up four deep at the gas station in town all day. once the snow is about 18" i'll run to the mall everyone should be home by then...LOL

Not sure what this nor'easter thing is you speak of, but the forecast for N.E. Indiana is by end of day Sunday is 14-16 inches of snow with 40 mph wind. I've got plenty of grub, booze & tying supplies. I'm set for a marathon tying session. ;)

If the back's feeling any better .. ER visit last night .. I'll be on the river somewhere. If it's not .. I have some interesting pain pills to take where I don't give a rat's behind if it rains, snows or if the sun doesn't even rise. :blink: :rolleyes:

Mike

i'm ready too. cranked up the mudboat today so it's running like a clock, lines and chest in the boat and tommorow mourning the muds gonna be flying in the marsh. look out red fish,

Bud

We are getting pounded here in Nova Scotia and more on the way tomorrow. It's been snowing everyday here for over a week, not sure how much is down out there now but I'm sure there'll be at least 12" or so.

heres my mud boat. it has a toyota truck engine inside turning a 12x12 stainless propeller. the boats 15 feet long and the engines cooling system is designed into the hull of the boat so i can sit in pure mud with out the engine overheating. when you hit the hotfoot trottle the mud flies about 10 or 12 feet behind you in a rooster tail. there no place i can't go in the swamp or marsh, the steerings that lever you see along the engine box. push it forward or backwards. this is the boat i fly fish for reds in the bays and duck ponds here in south louisiana. i use it to go froggin and duck hunting also or just fly like a rocket thru the marsh in the dark. Bud

post-2058-1197776613_thumb.jpg

catalpa are you enjoying this duesy of a snowfall we're getting

as some friends pointed out we're getting the reciprocal of what they forcasted <_<

still good for a little fun drive though :D

I think our local guys overkilled the forecast. well, i just turned at looked out the window and it's really snowing now. they called for more than we got overnight, i think now is round 2. we'll see how that goes. i've already shoveled 2 driveways. got to do mine again before bed.....and probably again at 3am before i go to work.

we have a ton of food stored up in the basement, so i found it funny when my sister in law called and said "are you guys going to be ok?" yeah, we could eat for a few weeks, but it wouldn't be steak and seafood, but rice and beans. hey, at least beans keep you warm!!!

:crying: :crying: I want to go squirrel huntin tomorrow(mon) , expecting high winds and snow... :crying:

Guess I'll wait till tuesday... <_<