Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
diamonddave7676

fly tying vises

I am starting fly tying and there are two different vises I saw here at Bass Pro Shops. I was wondering which one was the better vise or if anyone has used either of these.

Apex Fly tying vise

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...5004000_175-4-6

Peak vise

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...5004000_175-4-6

I am wanting to keep the price no more then $150. Anyone have any other recommendations?

I went with the Peak. Both are great works of machining. You'll get a better deal from Jstockard on the Peak than from BPS. I'm very happy with my choice.

looking at a new vise for myself....thought I wanted the apex, but after a little research found the apex a little stiff, may get smoother with use possibly, but I found the dyna king much smoother and more to my liking, still have to do some tying on each before i decide LOL.....good luck......also u might want to do a web search for "fly tying vise reviews" ........get some more info......do some research.....have fun......Good luck!

For reviews also look no further than the FTF fly tying bench. Theres 20 some pages of vice talk. Might want to check a few pages out......

You will enjoy the peak vise for shure :headbang: Bang for your dollar it will serve you well...and replacement jaws (should you need them...i havent ) are CHEAP compared to some other brands.

But like others have said....there are alot of good vises oout there to choose from. I spent over 6 months looking for that one vise to gimme what i wanted and more for around the same price....PEAK!!-Jason