Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

Childers 4/0

Had this fly to topping stage for 4 days but have been waylayed on doing things to the money pit.

Anyway here it is - OK - bit high on the wing, happy with the head. Obviously the PT version - am doing married wings for a while.

Dave

post-3384-1197961344_thumb.jpg

beautifully done Dave, i love the application of woodduck you did on this fly. that woody just goes so well with this pattern . i seem to recall someone saying they were a bit rusty? you being a bit rusty must have just been rumors, hehehe

you have also become quite skilled at making those heads so pleasing to the eye. great job buddy

Bud

DC: A fine way to start my day !

You've def got style my friend...yours and yours alone. The strong wood duck and cheek set the entire dressing off perfectly and, as you know, I'm a big fan of the strength and sweep of your body hackle and throat. A great dressing !

dg

Dave,

I love everything about this fly, the head and the high wing is perfect with this fly. I love your work, keep it up.

Best Rgds

Kay

Another great tie.

One of these days Dave, what I'd really like to see is big pile of these lined up and photographed together, it would be just amazing to see.

Better yet, how about producing a Poster of "Classics" for the next round of the seminars?? ;) I'm sure that would be a big source of inspiration to the students.

I look forward to seeing your next one.

Dave,

It is great to see these again!!!!!! Love the hackle blend at the throat. The wing composition, killer, absolutely killer. -Jamie

I like the fullness of the throat, perfect topping & tail, nicely shaped head, and the large WD on the shoulder. Excellence in true Carne style. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sign in to follow this