Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sky-pilot

The Drum Eagle

Hi. Tied this one today. Its tied in hand but I use the bobbin. I am satisfied with the tinselwork. Havent any yellow eagle, used som sub but it was horribel to deal with for me. I butchered som JS yesterday to get som nice toppings and blue chatterer, even the gut is taken from a old fly and reused. Not satisfied with the wing. Its tied on a size 5/0. Head needs some more varnish. Criticues is ok, in fact I am greatful if you see shortcoming and tell me about them.

IPB Image

This ones a sweetheart KO. Your choice of that nice, dense, wing topping complements your eagle sub perfectly. Excellent balance and tied with talented hands. I believe this to be one of your best in my eyes

dg

Kjell Ove,

the fly looks great, I've dyed up some eagle feathers, and to be honest with you, you can't tell the difference between eagle and your sub.

I like it, but please my friend, I've been following your work on the forum, please do not cut your flies up :)

Best Rgds

Kay

The looks very good to me but im not a expert. Iam wondering what the yellow feather is Kjell ?

Hi, the yellow feather is some sub I buy from Jens Pilskog in Denmark, belive its turkey if i remember right-

This ones a sweetheart KO. Your choice of that nice, dense, wing topping complements your eagle sub perfectly. Excellent balance and tied with talented hands. I believe this to be one of your best in my eyes

dg

Thanks DG, it means a lot for me when you say it :)

Kjell Ove,

the fly looks great, I've dyed up some eagle feathers, and to be honest with you, you can't tell the difference between eagle and your sub.

I like it, but please my friend, I've been following your work on the forum, please do not cut your flies up :)

Best Rgds

Kay

Hi Kay and thanks. Is the stem on the eaglefeather you have thick, on those sub I have the stem is soooo thick, not fun to struggle with at all hehe. I must cut some flies apart now if I should tie, i am broke, been unemployed for some time now, need em stupid money for only one thing, more materials hehe.

Great looking fly, Kjell-Ove. The sub looks really good, even if it was hard to manage.

Best of luck with the employment. I know what that feels like. :blink:

Its just great, Can`t say anything that has been said by the others . Has a real old time look about it

Thanks guys. :) When I mention that the eagle sub was hard to deal with because of the thick stem. What I meaning by this is that I was in need to split the stem and carefully trim the stem with a scissor to be abel to wrap it on the hook.

Another thing I wondering about with eagle hackles, was they used as bodyhackles as I did on this fly, or was they wrap on as we wrap on throats, personally I think that will be nicer. I think it is to much hackel on this fly, will retie it later. :)

Sign in to follow this