Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
steeladdict

Seychelles

Anybody out there been there. I hear it is a haul (1,000mi east of Africa) and very expensive to get to. But the flipside is the bonefishing is supposed to be the best in the world. I wonder if it is true.

A friend of mine went there last year and he loved it. The Bones are huge and dumb and the Milkfish are even bigger. He had the most fun offshore tossing flies at Giant Trevally. He has pics of a 50# that nearly spooled his 12wt. with the drag set on his Tibor tight as it could be set.

It is a long trip, a layover in Paris and another somewhere in Africa. Plan on 2and a half days travel time going and coming back. The accomodations are first class and the number of anglers is restricted, so make plans well in advance.

He's putting together another trip for 2005, if you are interested, I can put you in touch with him. Expect the trip to cost you at least $10,000 it ain't cheap.

Troutbum: thanks for the reply, the other day I was daydreaming about where would be the most exotic place to go fishing and I ran across a trip to Seychelles. I was going to go on a trip like this when I turn 40, got 3 years to go, time to start saving.

Sign in to follow this