Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
J.Z

Christmas

May you have a great one, and i hope that you get wonderful things. As for i, a freind of mine just dropped off some birds... I got a whole pintail drake ABSOLUTLY AWSOME FEATHERS ON IT!!! 2 mallard drakes, lots of bronze feathers, and a bunch of curly mallard.1 meganser, and a few others.

Here is a picture of a bunch of christmas goodies. teal bottom left, starling top right.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/J_.../Myflies180.jpg

have anything to trade for some? pintails are rare around here.

Pintails are rare, period. Besides the flank feathers, the back feathers are spectacular. Someday I'll find a skin.

If you want to do some trading Luke, send me a PM.

I just sent you a PM.

Also, As for me, i am pretty satisfied, i got some christmas money from grandma, and now i can buy my first spey rod. It will be a 13.5 foot 8 weight shooting star from orvis. An orvis large arbor in titanium, and some floating spey line. I now have a new box, and in the past 12 hours, i have filled it up half way... It is The bugger beast, so i would say that that is alot of tying. Well, i hope that your christmases were ones to remember.

Luke

Luke,

If you have access to trying out rods, I would suggest you look at the TFO

deer Creek rod in the same size. I think it is less money and the rod just rocks. I think it would be perfect on the Clearwater, or Snake, and only a bit big for the Ronde. I would also look at the 13' for a seven, it is a super dry line rod. Best John

Sign in to follow this