Fly Tying
willowhead

Japanese fly exhibition

Guys, as you may or may not know.....the Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum has been doing fly exhibitions for the last couple years where they feature the flies of different countries, tyed by countrymen of whatever country is on exhibit at any given point in time. Currently, the show is the flies of Briton. Starting in late '08 or early '09, it will become the flies of Japan. If anyone knows of a Japanese fly tyer who would like to be represented, or if you are Japanese and would like to have your flies in the exhibit.....contact me by PM. It's actually my wife who is co-ordinating this show with the museum, but she has no time for this website. If i hear from you by way of this website, i will put you in touch with her and the two of you can work out the details. Or, you may contact the CFFC&M directly at 845-439-4810 and ask for Jim Krul. Thank you. m.j.romero B)

Will all the display flies be tied by exclusively Japanese tiers? Or is the Museum also interested in, say, "Flies of Japan" tied by others?

Thanks.

Kev I just wanted to let you know that Mark is on the road at the moment, the only reason i said something or know that is that he has been here in MO teaching kids to tie flies with me at a local sports show. I'm sure you will be hearing from him in the next few days though, and honestly you might be better served with a PM.

Steve

Hi Kevin, how are you. Thankx Steve. Kevin, Misa says hi and good to hear from you. Actually they way they are doing the ever changing exhibition at the CFFC&M is to have flies tyed by the country-men of each country.....so in a sense it's not, (for instance) the Flies of Japan, it's Flies tyed by Japanese Tyers....or Englsih tyers, or French tyers, etc., etc., etc. So far, most of the flies that have been tyed (for previous portions of the exhibition), and sent in, seem to be the original dressing of the tyers who tyed them. So, that would make them, the flies of whatever country by nature. Bottom line is....the hibition is dedicated to the flies of the tyers who come from such and such country. Naturally the tyers ARE tying flies that represent what is fished (and what "WORKS") in their respective countries.....so everything just sort of falls into place. You take care now. Hi to Meg Steve. mark..... B)