Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Ipod Question - How do I put videos on an Ipod?

My wife got an Ipod and I have been trying to figure out how to put movies on it from a DVD. I can't seem to get any of them to work. Is there a trick to converting regular movie DVD's over for the Ipod? Can you recommend any good software to do this? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Hi Ray,

I had the same problem. Frustrating huh? For a video to play on an ipod, it needs to be in MPEG-4 format. I use MPEG Streamclip (freeware) to convert files, but I've never ripped one from a DVD. I'd start with the program on your computer that plays DVDs and see if it has a rip function. If not, there's probably a free program that will do it. Hope this puts you on the right path. If you find a good program to do it for cheap, I'd be interested in knowing it.

Nick

I'm sure all the replies have been a great help, but just ask a 13 yr old.

That's what I do for any computor, ipod, dvd player, vcr clock setting, digital watch setting, etc. I've asked my kids so much, they started charging me $1 consulting fee.