Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap #3. FLOATERS!

Though I realize they aren't due until March 1, I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't tied mine yet because of all of the rest of you who are sending flies in already... :unsure:

Maybe I'll be able to get them done over the next couple weekends. :dunno:

Though I realize they aren't due until March 1, I'm starting to feel guilty that I haven't tied mine yet because of all of the rest of you who are sending flies in already... :unsure:

Maybe I'll be able to get them done over the next couple weekends. :dunno:

Same goes for me! I am tying #10 poppers and am in the process of painting the eyes right now. I will do a final coat this weekend and once that is dry I'll start tying in the hackle. Hopefully, I be done in a week or so!

Got flies from Joe King today. A VERY nice popping bug. See "Floaters Pictures." Way to go, Joe! We are all going to enjoy using this one. Might have trouble keeping the bass off of it, but that's OK too!

(You didn't tell me to charge the battery on my electric drill-driver though!) :wallbash:

Take care

BB

Got a box of fire beetles today from N Parish. The flies were backed in a small metal "Whitman Sampler's Box." A piece of foam had been glued to the inside bottom and inside cover of the box, and each piece of foam held 2 rows of 5 fire beetles lined up very precisely! Great job of packing. A real pleasure to open, N Parish!

If you want to see a picture of a fire beetle, go to the Pictures thread. You guys (and gal) are going to LOVE this one!

BB