Fly Tying
Matt Inman

Supernumerary Rainbow

I like how you used the body material from the body sections and included it in the next ribbings....awesome.

It must look amazing in the sunlight.

Wouldn't mind seeing the other side too :devil:

Matt,

Outstanding. Simply outstanding.

Now I know why you asked me if I could dye crests blue (and of course I can't so I miss out on the give away).

Charlie Vestal

Matt that is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen!!!!The ribbing is insane!How did you do that?The wing and over-all flow of the fly is utterly amazing!Well done-Steven

Absolutely stunning, Matt. I wouldn't dream of any critique, as I can't find anything to critique. The effect is amazing. Pretty doggone creative for one of those engineering types! :hyst:

Leigh

Thanks for the compliments!

"Pretty doggone creative for one of those engineering types!" :)

No Charlie, this one isn't coming your way it has been promised to someone else already.

Kline, there will not be any more of these tied any time soon. I am tired of prepping crests for the near future.

Matt - This fly is REMARKABLE. I was studying the body work and then realize that the rib color cascades down the body in progression with the floss colors. Masterfully tied from end to end. What an amazing gift you have made.

i have to say, i like that one most of all your flies!!! Awsome!!!

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :o :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Holy cow, Mr. Inman!!! That's -- that's -- gee, I don't think I can conjure the words it would take to decribe how stunningly beautiful I find this fly! I don't know how you did the rib, but I suspect it involved alchemy or black magic of some sort. From design to execution, this one is aces all the way!

John

I find this fly absolutely stunning. I have no idea how you were able to execute the body.

I have to say that I, for one, am glad you took the time to ground yourself in the basics and pay your dues to learn the techniques and skills the way you so obviously have.

Thanks for sharing this work of art. :bugeyes:

Stunning, Matt!

Someday you can give us some insight as to how you build up a wing like that with all those gorgeous dyed crests. Just beautiful!

What is the gut loop? Considering the size of the iron (9/0) it must be 3/8" nylon rope!

-E