Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowNix

Best River 1-2 hours West of Philly?

Hey all the PA foks,

I was thinking we should setup a summer get together at one of the central limestone rivers and was wondering on peeps input as to where. I don't get my call schedule for a few weeks, but in the meantime, where should we go? dunno.gif I was thinking like less than 2 hours west of philly, but maybe 3 would be ok. I hope to make it so the Pittsburg area peeps and Philly area peeps could come. I would be driving to and fro (wife and baby thing) but what od peeps think? We can chat dates later, but for now, lets chat places...

'Nix headbang.gif

Heheh sounds fun, but personally, I am a trout fisherman... guess I did not specify that... wallbash.gif Methinks one day trout outing and maybe another day we can setup for bass? Let's talk about TROUT (my favorite fish...)

'Nix

There are quite a few streams near State College to fish. I am not familiar with them though. The stream in that area that I have fished before was the Yellow Breeches.

Others:

Pine Creek, Slate Run, Cedar Run - Northcentral, Pa

Little Juniata / Spruce Creek area - Central/Southcentral, PA

Penns Creek, Fishing Creek

That's all for now,

Chip

I have fished central pa. a few times myself. Those being Fishing ck, Spring ck, Penns ck, Yellow ck, Yellow Breeches, Letort, Falling Spring and Clarke's ck. I do have a good friend who guides out that way and could offer some assistance. Let me know when you folks plan on going; I may join in. wink.gif

Sign in to follow this