Fly Tying
day5

Spider Grub

This is a new fly that I came up with this past summer. It turned out to be a KILLER for smallies and bucketmouth bass. Im planning on doing a video also. One of the photo you can see in the listing has it tied on a 90degree Jig hook. I'm also thinking of offering it on a 30 degree bend jig hook on my website.

The blue version you entered into the 2007 FTOY contest really caught my eye. I'm looking forward to seeing your video.

The additional photos you added to the pattern database are cool. I love each of the color schemes. :headbang:

Thanks Ray you can see all of the variations on my web site on the spider grub page. All of the pic on the site are click able and they will blow up in a bigger size.

I saw you tie this at the Mason show and I saw it on the FTOY voting and I thought right away that it would be killer on smallies! I tied some in black with purple legs and in olive.

I think I remember you. Where you with your dad? Did you buy a hatches from me? Yes it is a killer fly on smallies. Black with olive legs? Hmm Ill have to try that it sounds cool!!!

Yes I was with my dad. I actually bought Hatches from Redwings1 but close enough. Glad you remember me! I want to try and get a table at Mason next year. I'll have my driver's liscense so if no one else wants to go I'll go myself if I'm allowed. I'll send you a PM for more info on the show.

I had honestly never heard of the pig boat. I just googled it :wallbash: I guess my idea is not as new as I thought... <_< Oh well it fishes like a dream!!! :headbang:

The blue version you entered into the 2007 FTOY contest really caught my eye. I'm looking forward to seeing your video.

The additional photos you added to the pattern database are cool. I love each of the color schemes. :headbang:

+1 :D

I'm tying up a few now for a guided Peacock Bass trip in 2 days! We'll see if we can find a few hogs ;)

John

+1 :D

I'm tying up a few now for a guided Peacock Bass trip in 2 days! We'll see if we can find a few hogs ;)

John

Id love to see some pics of a SG's in a peacocks mouth!!! Please send Pics when you hook up!!!

Another great fly Day5!

I think the last time I watched one of your videos I had the same thoughts.....

"I gotta get me some of those hooks!"

and

"Wow, it's barely 20 seconds into the video and he showed me something I never thought of."

I learned from this video to use the vise jaws the help load the bead......brilliant! and i learned to use some twist tie to hold back materials when whip finishing.

so, gotta get me some of those hooks.....and an almost empty loaf of bread!

Twist tie Heck I'm just using a piece of lead wire. the hook is a mustad or dai ichi stinger hook check stockards they are cheap!