Fly Tying
day5

Spider Grub

spider grub...spider grub......does whatever a spider grub does

Awsome......I love this fly!!!!!! over the top!!!

Really nice fly. Think the pigboat called for something like 56 rubber legs for the skirt. Like the fewer legs, but I'll bet just as effective. Going to tie some of these up for the Huron and Grand River (Mich.) Smallies.

I had honestly never heard of the pig boat. I just googled it :wallbash: I guess my idea is not as new as I thought... <_< Oh well it fishes like a dream!!! :headbang:

That just goes to show your creativity! :headbang:

I'll vouch for this fly. It works well on largemouths, particularly in and around heavy cover. If you fish it just like you'd fish a, well, a plastic spider grub you'll do great. ;)

That fly will kill LMB on the California Delta! Thanks for posting the instructions day5...off to the fly shop I go for the materials.

Later...

day5...Enjoyed your video. Can you fill us in on that plastic gizmo you used to strip the fur. It looks like a "must have."

Later...

The plastic gizmo is the petitjean magic tool. it does make handling fur for loop easier and there are a gazillion other uses.

wow! this is a great fly. it looks like it would be killer on a tube fly. too bad i dont have ANY of the materials to make it :(

I just tied up a couple of these and they were suprisingly easy to tie. I don't have the magic tool but I used a chip clip and it worked great. Can't wait for warm weather to get out and give this a try.