Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Floaters - Pictures

Fred H was the first to get his flies in for the Bluegill Floater swap. A nice box of deer hair red ants. Here's a picture. We are off to a great start with the set of flies! More pictures to follow in the coming days.

BB

post-747-1199772340_thumb.jpg

Here is Joe King's contribution to the Floater Swap! A VERY nice cork (or some such material) popper! Very nicely done with rubber legs and just the right amount of hackle. Nice work, Joe. A solid addition to this swap!

And he wasn't kidding about needing a screwdriver! The box these things were in was a very solid plastic-type box. It was held together with **4** decking screws about 1 1/4 inches long. :wallbash: I'd like to have a couple of those to build Amateur Radio projects in!

Take care

BB

N4LCV

post-747-1200105121_thumb.jpg

the box was made of high density urethane foam (TM Signfoam) stuff we use in the sign shop i work in . The same as the popper bodies great stuff

Nice looking fly and popper -- will look forward to seeing the rest of the set. Wish I'd gotten in on this swap!

Bill

Got flies today from N Parish. The picture doesn't do this one justice! They look VERY realistic. The legs, antenna, etc are very stiff. I'm going to have to find out how to do this kind of thing. I can imagine the 'gills tearing this one up.

GREAT work N Parish. VERY cool fly!

BB

post-747-1200187562_thumb.jpg

Hey Joe,

Really looking forward to seeing your popper. I own a signshop and use HDU all the time. I've long wondered about using it to form popper bodies, but since the bass/panfish action is slower than the trout action, I've not gotten around to it. I use sign shop stuff constantly for flies. My tags on my flies are printed on our Gerber edge. Easier than writing them all!

Nick

Here is a picture of Purolohi Kalastaja's Hoppers. :yahoo: These are going to be fun to fish with. VERY nice work, PK. (Trout Fisherman!) A wonderful addition to our Bluegill Floaters Swap! The pictures can't do any of these flies the justice they deserve. All you swappers are going to get a terrific box of gill flies out of this swap. I promise you that!

Take Care

BB

post-747-1200600951_thumb.jpg

I apologize for taking so long to get these up. I've been battling a cold for the past week & haven't felt like doing much more than just what I HAD to do. But here are the pictures of the last flies that I have received. This is a picture of some VERY nice flies tied by Chrisfish. Another great addition to this BG collection!

BB

post-747-1201289019_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of some VERY nice poppers tied by Seadog. This is his first swap and I think he has done an outstanding job. He has made another solid contribution to this collection of flies. Seadog, ya done good!

BB

post-747-1201290629_thumb.jpg

Nice job Crisfish,Seadog.And the rest of you guys.It will truley be a nice collection of gill flies.From what I've seen so far theese are going to be framed not fished.

Fred

Here is a picture of the Madam X flies that djmyers submitted. A very nice job, djmyers! You guys are going to love these. This fly alone, added to your collection, ought to be worth a sack full of 'gills!

BB

post-747-1202224022_thumb.jpg

This is luvinbluegills' favorite topwater 'gill fly. Looks like a REAL winner to me! Anyone who has done much 'gill fishing knows hot much 'gills like crickets anyway, and this looks like a great pattern. Can't wait to try it out!

BB

post-747-1202224450_thumb.jpg

Everyone knows that the EHC is a great fly in it's own right, and Scotth has tied up some simply TERRIFIC ones for this swap! Scotth, you can be very proud of the work you did. Your fellow swappers are going to be very pleased with these! Thanks for being a part of the swap!

BB

post-747-1202224840_thumb.jpg