Fly Tying
Graham

Hmmm...

Surely I can't be the only one here who's noticed that the perp in this matter (Oktar) carries a monniker that is suspiciously similar to that of one of our forum members. (Oatka) In what has to be a coincidence to end all coincidences, the victim, Graham, has actually fished with Oatka, which at least indicates that Oatka's a real guy, and not some ficticious plant put here to pirate fly patterns to be used in future religious manifestos. Still, one has to wonder: was Oatka wearing a fez on these trips? Smoking strong cigarettes, which he held with the wrong fingers? Was he observed drinking powerful coffee from thimble-sized glasses? Did Graham catch Oatka photographing the contents of his duffel bag? Did Oatka seem to struggle with the language a bit and be at a loss for words whenever the conversation degenerated into a discussion of the physical attributes of Paris Hilton? (as I'm sure it did) I strongly suspect that we haven't gotten to the bottom of this one yet. Not by a long shot.

Graham,

It did one nice thing for me (even if it isn't a very nice experience for you.) It gave me a great example of the theft of images as plagiarism for the seminar I have to present on scientific misconduct (fabrication/falsification of data, theft of intellectual property, suppression of relevant data, plagiarism, etc) week from today for the students here at McNeese. the only problem is that the seminar just keeps getting longer and longer each semester as more and more people are caught....

Mark Delaney

Mark, Your presentaion sounds interesting indeed. I really can't say that this has been a bad experience, in fact I've been surprised by the number of people requesting framed realistic insects in the past week, mostly scientists. I noticed that you are in Lousiana, and yesterday I recieved an order from a movie studio for 16 realistic flies which will make there way to Louisina in three weeks, for filming. Seems like a lot of filming is being done in your area these days. I know the studio order is not related to PR from image theft, but it allowed me to raise my prices without losing sales.

Graham

Having just looked through this post and checked out the link to the book did anyone notice what looks like a water mark in nearly all the pics of the insects in amber? Looks like "HY" to me. So may be he lifted these pics to. No doubt the guy is spending money on books of instruction in fly fishing and tying for the extremists he supports or is supported by. In which case Graham's pic comes into its own.

Guess he must have his own bazaar. Next to Ali Baba and his 40 thieves.......... :D