Fly Tying

Big,

Yep, you need the permit. You may actually need two permits - one from Fish and Game and one from Department of Agriculture. Total cost should be about $55 US.

Charlie Vestal

Well I just ordered several dyed turk tails in about 5-6 different colors. I am in sore need and to be honest, 2 years ago I would have steered clear of these tails. They will have what we commonly refer to as "stress marks" and may have 2-3 tails or tail parts per pkg. My understanding is that although yellow is the only color that is unavailable at this time...a new, fairly large delivery is forthcoming. Jack Cook at www.irish angler.......is forthright about all products he sells and I have always had good dealings with him in the past. He was one of my prime sources of materials until I found John McLain.

dg

I second Jack's stuff, I buy from John as often as I can, and Jack too. I find their two sights to contain a lot of different things, and I always feel comfortable ordering from either of them.

Good luck finding turkey, I have a friend who is raising some white turkeys, next time it's time to cook one of them for dinner, I am hoping to get all the feathers from him, and pass them on to someone who can dye them. I iwll post when the turkey killing time is near.

Ryan