Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

Winter's Joy (Tube)

Thank Jamie. This started out as a completely different idea, but it came out different than I planned. After it was finished, it looked close to a "Winter's Hope" color scheme (thus the name "Winter's Joy"). I like the look of the wool rear body (UNI-Yarn). I wish they made this stuff in bright purple or blue. I love working with this stuff and the texture of the fly bodies.

thats cool :headbang: :headbang: what exactly is a tube fly? don't get out much and only had internet for a little over 2 months just never seen them before. but they are cool looking and were do you tie your leader on?

Rocky

The cone head is metal. I painted a silver cone head with Testors model paint. The paint dries fairly quickly and seems to be quite durable. Painting the standard metal cone heads is nice option when you want to color coordinate the cone with the body of the fly. In this case, I guess I could have used just about any color... :D :hyst:

hi ray

a lot of color and a lot of movement on this fly

i would use it with the thoughts if it doesnt scare them away they will grab it

i have not seen many atlantic salmon flies with this colour scheme ( even though you are probably using it for steelhead)

all the best

john

"i would use it with the thoughts if it doesnt scare them away they will grab it"

:shocking: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

That's funny, John. :D

I'm hoping that when the fish look at this fly, they will have to squint because it is so brightly colored and then they won't be able to look it over so closely...(just kidding).

That's a great tye Ray.....all you young guys goin' off doin' these tube flies is really cool. I love that Peacock in there as well Vern. And that orange body Jamie. Listen, i'll swap my tube "stuff" with someone if they gotta book, or a couple nice blind eye LONG shank hooks. Or "somethin'" to swap. (?????) mark..... B)

Ray, another great fly!! Really like the color and movement in htis pattern. i am going to tye a couple and give them a swing..

Frank