Fly Tying
Gregor

What do you do...

Well, when I don't tie flies professionally, and am not hurt at home, I'm the guy who helps move freight throughout the world. LOL. I'm a UPS delivery driver (I'm actually a guy in brown, not one of the inside employees). 15 years (almost 16) of service. Don't have many pictures. Have received a few awards from senators that are in black and white somewhere around the house while I was on the job. Also have one of me MUCH younger driving a package car into the building at the end of the day (before we were allowed to wear shorts and while I still had hair lol). May see if I can dig that one up and post it.

I don't think my job is as exciting as a firefighter, or a computer programmer... cool.gif

I am the CFO of a manufacturing, sales and distribution Co. in Largo, FL The best part of my job is playing with all the $ and making life miserable for bankers and bureaucrats. devil.gif

I'm a computer programmer / business analyst consultant. Currently I work at insurance company. My main specialty is manufacturing and insurance systems. I wish I could make the same money doing FF or tying, but no such luck sad.gif .

PS

I would not go in the fire for any amount of money, but all power to you Gregor headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif thank god for people like you!

curently just a student

planning on going to college to get a degree in fisheries biology and at this point i can get into the college i want to go to all i need to worry about is paying for it

i work in a manufacturing plant. we produce welding rods and wire for the tool and die, and specialty welding industry.

i do a variety of jobs, but my main job is running a wire forming machine. basically we take flat strips of wire and form it into a tube while putting the powder into it (wire is used in mig welding).

not as exciting as a firefighter for sure, but it pays the bills once in a while.

Somehow I got this picture in my head of one fireman pulling out his digital camera and saying to the others "Smile this will look great on our web site!" laugh.gif

Takes a brave soul indeed to do that kind of work.

Myself, I manage a computer network for Lawrence County Social Services. I also spend more time than I should surfing the internet. This site dosen't help for that matter.

Well for first 12 years of my career i drove cross country delivering office furniture and other goods through out the USA. Drive,work,site see,get payed what can i say. Now i run double dump trailers for are company restocking sand gravel to produce are product.We manufacture your cement wall for your meijer walgreens and specialty walls that are in need or erecting.We also design and build bridge beems.I also take part of there delivery to job site and help with set ups and construction.Let me make all think about this the next time you drive across a long cement bridge remember this that the inside main core of what you are driving on is nothing more than a lrge piece of solid foam cerounded by cement and rebar.very little 4-6 inches thick. biggrin.gif

For the last five years, I've been employed as a "Project Designer" in the engineering department of a construction company. I sit at a computer and draw buildings. smile.gif

I just finished another degree, hopefully I'll be able to revise this post by next week with a different job description...

Mike

I'm a certified welder/fabricator and shop manager of a metal/chain/wire rope fabrication shop.

Jerry i didnt know your were a UPS driver....i was one of the "inside guys" at UPS for about 5 years loading the trucks when i was in my 20's.

SD

I am a Computer Systems Administrator for Fermi National Accelerator Lab in Batavia, IL. The lab is about 30 miles west of Chicago. On some discussion boards and such, I used to throw around my own little slogan: "Fermilab - where we smash atoms, so you don't have to". Seriously, it is a fascinating place to work. Fermilab's Tevatron is still the largest accelerator in the world. Check out the Fermilab Web Picture Book.

Just today, we upgraded 392 dual processor "farm nodes" to a new version of Fermi's own Linux distribution. These nodes are used as part of a data reconstruction farm for a major international high energy physics experiment known at the lab as Dzero. There are scientists from Universities and other labs around the world who work with all this data. There is a picture of their detector in that Web Picture book.

The best thing about my place of work is the fishing available on the property. The property is ten square miles. There are many ponds and most are connected. There is a series of ponds which provide cooling to the accelerator. That means warm water and great big fish. It is great to be able to go fishing for Smallmouth, Largemouth and large sunfish on one's lunch hour.

My job is not bad, but the place where I work is great.

More later,

Ken S.

My own Fishing web page

I'm a manufacturers rep for the finest precision measuring tool manufacturer on the planet. We make everything form 6" scales to DCC controlled measuring machines large enough to put a Black Hawk fuselage in. I love my job.

I used to chase the hatches and fish runs in Michigan and now cover NC., SC and VA.

Cheap plug alert! Ask me about any measuring needs you might have. smile.gif

I hope to be at the end of my working career soon for the last 30 years I have worked for General Motors Bay City Powertrain.

Most of that time I have been running grinders and screw machines, and as soon as my adult kids get out of my wallet I will Retire help.gif

OSD.

I have such a boring job wallbash.gif

Not took much excitement here. 1/2 Disabled and 1/2 Retired, both pays the same, Nothing.

I spend my days either reading, tying flies, sleeping and about once a week, I try to get out to do some fly fishing for an hour or two. But at least I am my own boss. wink.gif