Fly Tying
Gregor

What do you do...

Work for the US Government 21 1/2 years. Department of Homeland Security, Immigration (Detention and Deportation), former Air Force Sergeant 1982-1992, only 9 1/2 years to go for retirement and even then I won't be old enough to collect it yet. LOL.

Fatman

Interesting thread......

I'm a Sr. Mechanical Designer, designing fire apparatuses (trucks) on ProEngineer (3-D cad software), in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I like my job but (as usual) it never pays enough and I never get enough vacation. At least I don't dread coming in in the morning. sad.gif Am I sick or what ? bugeyes.gif

Pat

I am a Business Analyst for a large Health insurance company.

I talk to physicians and their staff regarding our policies and procedures.

When I am not doing that I am a project lead on anything that needs done in our department.

Of course if I hit the Power Ball tonight, I will be retired tomorrow.

Of course if I hit the Power Ball tonight, I will be retired tomorrow.

Well, I'm not sharing any of my 170 million tongue.gif You'll have to wait for the next one!

Dble Haul speaking of backdraft - I have been in it once, hope will not be again! unsure.gif That is how hell looks like! help.gif bugeyes.gif And that is why I am a good boy, because I do not want to go in hell. devil.gif biggrin.gif

I'm a machinist by trade, but with the dive in the manufacturing sector here in London, ON I find myself working as a outdoor residential contractor building and erecting garden sheds. Puts food on the table and a fur in the box. Beats shovelling......well you know.. bugeyes.gif

I work for a pine furniture company.I'm surposed to fix and polish the furniture but spend most of my time delivering it(get to look for roadkill) and check on the rivers where I fish during works time(along with planning fishing trips and drinking coffee).

Gregor,hows the fishing in Slovenia?I'm going to the Soca next month.

Ashley

I am the main staple at an estate of exotic animals.................

We have llama's, alpaca's, ostrich and the ever popular.............Kangroo(3 of them right now and another on the way)

Shoe;

I have a lady friend that needs a fitting, can you see if you can do something for her?

user posted image

Just a student for now. Plan on going to a college, possibly one of the big Michigan schools, because I`ve heard they`re really good landscape architect schools, and that`s what I want to major in. Hope I can get a good golf scholarship to college somewhere. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

I've been a cop for 15 years...........the first 6 years in uniform, then a Detective doing drug investigations for 7 years, then 15 months doing general investigations(robberies, burglaries, etc.) Now i'm back doing drugs on a regional DEA Task Force. Couldn't imagine doing anything else.

Mike

Mike*A,

Got a tip for ya. Head to Royal Oak, MI and look for a guy named Steve aka Steeldrifter wink.gif

What a wide range of jobs here and very interesting. I am a high school math teacher (algebra, algebra 2, geometry, trigonometry, calculus and statistics). Those are the courses I am certified to teach. There are close to 1800 students at my school. I have been teaching for 7 yrs. and just got my masters in education. I usually get a statement or a question when people find out what I do:

1 - Math was my worst subject! help.gif

2 - What are the girls like? devil.gif j_k.gif

The tough part of my job is I have to much time off (weekends, evenings, holidays). wink.gif

Oh and how could I forget, MY SUMMERS kicking.gif Jumpy.gif drunk.gif clapping.gif

All worthy occupations and some difficult ones indeed but on a scale of 1 thru 10 for difficulty, stress and requiring skills in psychology,diplomacy, and restraint my nod goes to Sippy. Full time with the kids, thats tuff!

LOL Dabalone.

Personally speaking. I've been off with a backinjury for over a year. Went from 50+ hours a week at UPS pushing boxes (had a heavy industrial route) to being Mr. Mom. If I could, I'd trade in a minute (I'm a single Dad with full custody). It's been one of the best years of my life being home with the kids (just with I could row and fish and not have pain in back).

Me, it's tough, but more enjoyable (and I love my job at UPS).

QUOTE (dabalone @ May 6 2004, 02:08 AM)
All worthy occupations and some difficult ones indeed but on a scale of 1 thru 10 for difficulty, stress and requiring skills in psychology,diplomacy, and restraint my nod goes to Sippy. Full time with the kids, thats tuff!

LOL. She had to exercise the psycology and restraint last night. Three of the four boys were in deep shit with her. boxing.gif

We got them a Big Game hunting PC game. The next thing you know, they all have sharp sticks and are hunting the cat. ph34r.gif

After last night, I believe the hunt has been postponed indefinitely! crying.gif whistling1.gif