Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
utyer

Gary Bergstrom Vise

Might as well give this one a try.....been through 13 vises so far and have still, not found the perfect vise. And there's a reason for that................it doesn't exist. No other vise on the planet (including the Law) can do what the Dingo can, yet it doesn't hold hooks worth a shit. So, it's not perfect either.

The dingo is prolly the closest thing there is to a perfect vise................but close doesn't really make it. ;>) My Wasatch is a very nice vise, but again.....it can't do what a Dingo can..........so.

So, i have a half dozen or more vises set up in my tyin' room and i switch around.....depending. On the road i just take the Wasatch.

Arcadia (Japanese), gave us vises a few years back, and we used those at shows for a few years.....but i got tired of it for the same reason as the Dingo.....just didn't hold hooks well enough. Most important fucntion of a vise............damn..........you'd think they could get that right by now. I should of got a Law back when...............oh well.

Some day, somebody WILL get it right and there will be, "The Perfect Vise." I'm thinking that perhaps tyin' in "your hands" might just be the only prefect vise ever invented. lol, mark..... B)

I have 2 RENZZETTI AND Dyna king traverler and a Able.

I love the renz. for salmon and bass flies.

dyna king for trout flies,

Able is still new so no tying done on it yet .I will inform you as I get there. The only thing I will say is find a store that will let you tie on some vises to see what will work for you. Hold a large range of hook and ease of adjustment from size. If you need any help let me know I was in sale at a fly fishing store and I have tied on most vises out there. James

I love my HMH i bought 2 last year and can't see past them .I also bought their carry case ,baseball cap ,coffee mug,tube fly system ,midge jaws and the magnum jaws.If they start a line in pyjamas i'd snap them up too. :D

Regards an official HMH bum.

Bye the way i don't work for them . :)

Sign in to follow this