Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

Silver Secretary 6/0

Used a superb original (Philips????) hook on this one, a present from a certain very fine caledonian.

Unfortunately I didn't do it justice - looks OK, like the shape, but the body sucks - I was sloppy tying the hackle tip down with the tinsel.

Anyway here it is - anyone know of a source for decent white tip - this was the last of mine.

Cheers

Dave

post-3384-1200149055_thumb.jpg

I don't know of any good sources of white tip. I was thinking about ordering the White Tipped Turkey sub from Jens' since it is so difficult to get.

I like the overall work of this fly and the fact that you have gotten into your old routine of poor mouthing such beautiful work. :)

Glad to have the old Carne back in his usual form!

That is a one sexy secretary, :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

tyrone

That is an amazing fly . :headbang: :blink: Where can i get hooks like that?I have been reforming some but just don't have the time.

Chris.

one of my fav patterns dave out of frodins books. you did a masterful job, shes a charmer. i whipped one out a few months ago and yours has given me the inspiratrion to possibly try another. great job on the wing and that hook is beautiful also.

Dave-Your modesty is surpassed by your skill. It's refreshing to see standards that are reflected in the work. I may have some white tip stashed away; let me look and I will get back to you. Beautiful fly as per usual! PaulR

Can't see anything wrong with the body Dave :dunno:

Btw, I love the hook..! And the fly, super as always!

Hey Dave,

In the immortal words of Willowhead,"THASSS NICE"! :headbang: :yahoo:

Nothing wrong with this one, as far as I can tell.

I don't know much anyway! :rolleyes:

Have a nice day!

Dean

Sign in to follow this