Fly Tying
Will Milne

Bit of an interesting look

What a great way to photograph a fly..And a great looking fly too..Nicely done..

Will, Your photography and flies are amazing. I really like the look of the flies reflection off the dark surface. I think it is THE perfect way to photograph dry flies. Your method not only shows the fly itself, but gives a great image of what the fly will look like from a fishes point of view. I wonder if it would work with a blue surface (sort of water color theme)...

my previous desktop pic was a shot of a wood duck from the bird photo thread

that is my new desktop picture.

very nicely done.

Ty for all the encouraging words !!! It is really appreciated.

Letumgo-

tried a couple on water this time ,might have to figure out how to work from underneath -

IPB Image

and

IPB Image

I,m running out of interesting looking flies to photograph, so I may have to get back to the vise.

Will

Hi Will,

Awesome shot! What f stop did you shoot the pic at to get the depth of field? Again, great shot!

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Ty Vito and Al :)

Al- the exif says f32 on a 105 mm lens - the fuller looking dof comes from the angle it is taken at , putting the dof more parralel

to the width of the pattern.

Here is a similar look using the dof a bit differently, I quite like this one myself-

IPB Image

Vito - I've been playing around with different looks trying to find ones that satisfy me:). Glad you liked it.

Too bad you can't get paid to play with this stuff , it's fun anyway.

Will

Hi Will,

I loved your first shot in this post but the CDC fly (printed portrait) is WOW! I'm sending both pics to the Art Director of one of the magazine I work with. Is anything going to happen as a result? I don't know, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Will I assume you could reshoot the CDC fly with it adjusted slightly lower in the shot to leave head room at the top? I also assume you can shoot it in a resolution around 50MB (give or take)? Again, I don't know what will happen (if anything) but I really like those shots.

For more information, contact me at [email protected]. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Flyfisher magazine