Fly Tying
vtflyhack

What are you sitting in???

Hey Forum members,

What are you people sitting in to tie flies?

I am currently using a wooden folding chair your standard straight backchair with a padded seat. I think I need to find something different. Just wondering what others are sitting in to tie?

vtflyhack

just a regular computer chair with no arms. Seems like arms might get in the way a bit. But maybe not.....??????

Non-reclining La-Z-Boy overstuffed chair that we really should replace with a t.v. tray for a bench. (I'm in the living room spending "quality time" with wife and kid while I tie, usually.)

I stand. i tie flies on an old drafting table and it is the perfect height for me to stand and tie.

I have a bar stool that i can sit in but it isnt very comfortable. I am looking to revamp my tying area, after which i will probably get a decent office chair.

right now an old, hard uncomfortable wheeled office chair. Really need to look into something decent. But decent office chairs can be so pricy!

Mike

I used to use a kitchen chair. I just bought my wife a new computer chair and that's what I'll be using now. It's a cloth office chair. 3 way adjustable. Good on the back.

Non-reclining La-Z-Boy overstuffed chair that we really should replace with a t.v. tray for a bench. (I'm in the living room spending "quality time" with wife and kid while I tie, usually.)

Im quite positive that position caused my tennis elbow!

Kitchen table spending time with the family...

I use to stand. I prefer to stand I could go 4 hours at a time and never have any pain or discomfort. But I never saw my wife and kids.

leather adjustable office chair, heated with massage, LOL! But that's a great idea!

No seriously, just a nice high back reclining adjustable chair from walmart, paid about $100.00 bucks for it. I Love it.

I've got a nice oak wheeled office-type chair that I got as a birthday gift from my in-laws last year. The wheels are important, as it makes it easy to roll back to grab stuff out of desk drawers, etc. When I had a fixed chair, that part was really a nuisance. Being made of wood, it's not super comfortable but that's OK since I rarely tie for more than about an hour at a time.