Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Monquarter

Nice to meet you all

Damian, my daughter tied a pink Wooly bugger with feathers from her boas and dress up clothes. The only think I had to add was a hook, bead and chenille. She now tells everyone that she is a fly tyer also. I will have to get the 1 year old started soon. :)

That's cool Matt, LOL! I can't wait! I'm sure it's loads of fun.

I can here my two saying, We're fly tyer's like our daddy!! All in good time.

God bless 'em, but kids sure do get in the way of tying and fishing. I've got two boys, 1 and 4, and they keep us busy (I have absolutely no clue how single parents do it). It's not that they require my attention constantly, just a few times every five minutes. And it's really hard to tie flies, especially artistic ones, if you don't have long periods of uninterrupted serenity. Good to know so many other guys on here have the same handicap. One of the things I love about kids, though, is that they put everything in perspective. In the end, all any of us is doing is tying a bunch of feathers on a hook. That's a good thing not to take too seriously, and my boys teach me that lesson all the time. They make me young again... when I let them.

Good stuff, gentlemen. And welcome, Marc.

-Shawn

Marc is a no nonsense kind of guy that is for sure. He can come across as kind of a tough guy (and he is a very tough guy) but down deep, he’s a big teddy bear who’d give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He came out here and stayed at my place for about a week a couple years ago. Up till then we had only had a long distance friendship. That was before Line took up fly-fishing. She took to it like a duck to water. I think she likes it better than Marc and is a natural. She soaked up everything Marc told her and now she reads the water and out fishes the guys regularly. And, they act like newlyweds! I love them both. Great folks.

Sign in to follow this