Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Inman

Favorite fly and most despised fly

#1 is the Black Dog , as if no one could tell, Love `em all really . Been trying since this was posted but still can`t think of one I really hate :dunno:

Favorite: Bonne Bouche or Childers

Least: Most Traherne's and any Full feather GP tippet flies : All Rangers etc.etc.

dg

Most favorite: Black Dose, When tied properly the Black Dose is a beautiful fly if you saw the one in the Alantic Salmon Fly book it would take your breath away and I much prefer it to any other fly in the book and anywhere else.

The least favorite: Any fly tied badly , It's just an insult.

That's a toughy Matt. I can't say that I have ONE classic pattern that is truely my favorite, nor one that I dislike above all others (though there are a lot that just don't do it for me :rolleyes: ). So, half in the interest of addressing the question and half to pick something different from what has already been posted:

Favorite - Blacker's "A Silver Grey Fly" - simple but elegant

Dislike - grub patterns - though they might fish well I suppose ;)

It would be fun to add to the list people's favorite free style pattern and least favorite. Maybe for another thread...

Oh, and one more thing, a well tied Dee ROCKS :yahoo:

Brookie, the problem with a freestyle thread would be that they would almost have to be accompanied by pictures as most would not recognize the patterns.

I have a question, What is so bad about the Ray Mead?

It's ugly.

-Shawn

P.S. Sorry, Fly Tyer Guy - couldn't resist.

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: Good Answer!!!!! That is the kind I would give, On Christmas I got a pair of Lady Amherst Tail Feathers, My uncle asked "What do you use those for", I said "Flies". :hyst:

But, Really I have seen the Ray Mead tied, And I thought it was rather nice lookin', Not the most color agreeing fly, but not that bad.

Glad you appreciated my sardonic humor, FTG - I should be more careful about it than I am, especially with strangers. You're a good (fly tyer) guy.

-Shawn

Sign in to follow this