Fly Tying

Hi everyone

I've been trying to source some Kori Bustard

I emailed John Mc about the sharing program but haven't heard back

but I'm not sure he can help as I am in Ireland anyway

Can anyone help me with some to either sources or some to share or swap?

Thanks in advance

Nick

:dunno:

Hey Nick,

I know that to purchase can be quite expensive, Ken Sawada may still sell some but it's very pricey. For the last week or so there's been alot of Kori showing up on Ebay. You might check there too, seems like they aren't going for alot of money considering what they used to you might be able to pick some up there.

I would offer to send you a piece but I'm really low on it myself.

I've sent you a PM with a link to an ebay seller.

Damian.

Thanks Damian

I've seen them on Ebay, and I have them noted a possible future purchase, ditto with Ken Sawada :-)

I'm really just after a small piece (enough for 2-3 flies)

just to get me over the "hump"

Thanks for your reply!

Nick

Obviously being CITES John CANNOT send stuff out of the US without risk of assassination by customs.

Mail me at [email protected] show me some of your flies and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Dave

I see much of the Kori advertised on ebay is very short fibered. I don't know how Jens Pilgaard's supplies is at the moment, but he used to be very cheap on the short fibered kori. I bought some very nice from him up to 60 mm fiber which let you tye 2/0 and 3/0 flies without problem for a very cheap price.

Thats perfect!

Exactly what I need (or is it want? ;-))

I emailed Jens so hopefully he'll be able to help if I don't hear from anyone else on the list in the meantime

Thanks everyone for your replies so far!

Regards

Nick

Jens will help you. He gives EXCELLANT service. mark..... B)

I sent Mr. Mclain also on Friday but haven't heard back. I had the same problem another time when I tried to e-mail him. John is a great guy but I'm impatient by nature! Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Ya, Probably. Anyway I just got an e-mail about my question. Thanks Mr. Mclain! I guess I just need to learn to be more patient. Sorry for being so pushy.

Get in line guys.............. :P John has promised me some and I am waiting for the mailman. Thanks John.

I am sure that John gets overwhelmed with emails and you just have to be patient guys

Tight threads all

Mike........................ B)