Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Inman

Popham 4/0

Matt, that's off the hook!!

The head looks great auctually.

Overall everything looks really amazing!!

Matt,

I think that this fly is the nicest that you have tied, leaving alone the S.N. Rainbow. To my eye, that is the best sized and shaped head you've done. But, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Nice hook! -Jamie

PS. If you hate it, I'll take any Florican you have, send it on up!!!! Trade ya some mohair. LOL!!!!

Terrific fly, Matt. wouldn't you know it? I'm finishing a Popham now. Doubt it'll look as good as yours. The hook looks great as well.

Leigh

Hey Matt

Like I told you yesterday it is my favorite, favorite. I'm also quite taken with Bud's Popham even with the slight flaw. I guess you guy's will have to duel it out with Owenmores or something. (Darn that Jamie) :P :P

John

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone. I really appreciate them and it helps to drive me to keep trying to improve.

I love this pattern but I don't think I will tie it again soon because I spent nearly an hour to 90 minutes getting the tippet underwing to sit just perfect so that none of the IC was covered. It turned out nicely but almost drove me crazy!

Sign in to follow this