Fly Tying
Adam Gallant

PEI trout patterns?

While I live in Ontario, I was born in PEI and go back to visit quite a bit.

I'm trying to find a quick list of patterns that work well in PEI for inland trout. I'm heading down early in the summer for a family fishing derby, and want to get some tied before I head down.

I was going to tie some BWOs, nymphs, and maybe The Usual, but would be interested in getting some "inside knowledge"...

if its brook trout your after then realy anything will work.to keep it simple,tie san juan worms,some nymphs,stuff that you'd find in a stream or pond or lake(whatever your fishing)

Adam, Drop into Gone Fishing in Charlottetown and speak with Harmen. Ask him about a fly called the Pink Mystery. It should get you into lots of good brookies.

That's great info, folks... I'll have my dad drop in to see Harman... I tried myself a few times last year, but every time I went, his Wife was minding the shop :)...

I think it is the April/May issue of the Canadian Fly Fisher. They have their Downtown Fly Fisher article is on Charletown. Some info in that article that may be of help.

Mike

hi adam, i live in borden, and by far my most efective fly is a hellgramite nymph, im mostly fishing for steelhead in tidal areas though.

never fished a pink mystery, but a search concluded it was built in pei, for pei....its a wet.

also another guy to look up is steve murphy, he hangs out at the fly shop, and is a wealth of info.