Fly Tying

hello folks, sorry it's another jock scott,but i had to give this one a go. happy with this one as everything went on first time.

all comments welcome

post-11318-1200415317_thumb.jpg

Mike,

Your Jock Scott is beautiful, and I, too, love the thick, heavy hackle. To me, that's a wonderful touch.

Ray

Wow!! That is a very nice JS.!!!I really like it!!

Mike , no need to apologise , I don`t reckon anyone gets sick of looking at nice flies!! :headbang:

Very nice JS, love the shape :) , but its something strange with the wing tips, looks almost like you have use a scissor on the wingtip, or??? :dunno: I have cut some wings myself but when Jens P see that I promised him that I shouldnt do that anymore, but my florican is so BAAAD that I must trim it, anyway its a nice fly :headbang: :)

Hi Mike:

Your choice to stick with the length and height of the tail topping shaped your wing decisions. This was an important fly for you to tie.

Mostly excellent

dg

this is a great fly. you did a real nice job, i have one question, did you trim the back of the wing? it looks trimmed to shape.

Bud

Okay, are you all "sure" the wing tips are cut, or did he just do a supurb job? I trimmed wing tips in the CSS class and posted the fly. Although I am not as good at this as you all are, I do have a steady hand when cutting. Dave Carne spotted it immediately. Today, he said, "Great job!", as did other tyers, with the initial posters saying nothing about wing problems.

IPB Image

My question is are you certain the wings are trimmed, or do you just think they are. I am just wondering here. Whatever the case. I think the fly is beautiful.

Ray