Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
andyboek

The Baron 6/0

Thanks for all the response on my first post. I've been tying two flies today, The Baron and Popham, I had a day off of my work because tomorrow I'm going to work in Italy for the next three weeks (on an oil refinery) so I've done some nice work on my day off. All the best, greetings Andy.

post-9726-1200471189_thumb.jpg

Very nice job overall, but I have to go along with Dave on the JC and possibly the Summer duck sides could be a little longer as well. :headbang:

A beautiful fly, I do also agree though that the JC and sides if longer would be the icing on the cake for this fly, otherwise it's wonderful all around!! Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing more flies upon your return.

:headbang:

That's a very handsome Baron, Andy! The short shoulders, sides and cheeks really show off the wing. I would have liked to have seen them a bit longer, but on a 6/0 hook this arrangement works just fine.

John

Andy, Nicely done. I like the bold wing ... it just seems to fit a fly named the Baron.

:headbang: :headbang:

I have a general question, not a critique at all, about the IC body veilings. I like the tips of the veilings to just cup the butt herl, rather then extend past the herl. What's everyone elses thoughts?

Sign in to follow this