Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
James Daly

Lord Iris (Preston Jennings)

Greetings all,

I needed to tie a streamer as well. I can't stray too far away from them or the MOM's. Rust was definitely gathering on both styles. Anyways, here's a Lord Iris. Originated by Mr. Preston Jennings to represent the minnow as the light was reflected and broken down through the spectrum. Interesting concept. The head needs another coat of thick cement, as that is only the 2nd coat of thin cellire. The married wing, per pattern, is to be 2/3 the length of the wing. I went more on the 3/4 side of things. I like any pattern that has the Red, Blue, Yellow wing format. *See Avatar* LOL!!! For your critiques and amusement. -Jamie

post-4102-1200510573_thumb.jpg

That is awesome!!! The wing is great and the body too!! Nice from head to tail!!

That is a nice one !!!!! Another to tie for my collection :headbang:

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

Jamie, that's one OUTSTANDING piece of tying! Dude, you took a high, hard one and slammed it into the upper deck. Great job!

John

Absatively Posilutely Beautiful streamer, Jamie!!! I think Mr. Jennings would have been VERY impressed. The tinsel work on the body is terrific. :headbang:

Damn Jamie.....thass a grandslam allright. Holly Bejesus!!!!! Bout time you did a book or somethin'. :D mark..... ;) p.s. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring LOTS of flies to the CJ'08 OK? :thumbup:

Jamie, Spectacular tye and I love the concept that PJ had.

It would be an interesting pattern to test.

This might be one of my favorite streamers ... I had to go look it up in FF and I found the Jennings Iris series, those are spectacular.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Very nice rendition, Jamie.

Preston Jennings had some wonderful streamers - very colorful. We did a small feature on his flies a few years ago here:

http://www.globalflyfisher.com/streamers/guest/jennings/

Boy, that's an old looking page, way back before unlimited bandwidth, when image size more about page load time and bandwidth costs than "does it fit on the screen?". Not quite the dark days of web publishing, but pretty close. I wish I had some of those flies in higher res images, especially Bryant's Murky Iris. That's a wonderful fly tied by one of the best.

Sign in to follow this