Fly Tying
VERN-O

Where are my Peak Vise users?

My only issue is that the jaws and cam rotating in the barrel, so that if the rotary is straight up and down, the fly sits in there at an angle. I tried tightening the set screw in the bottom of the barrel, but didn't want to crank too hard on it. Any suggestions?

Other than this little annoyance, I have to agree, a great vice for the price.

Deeky

Mine has a little play in it, but only when there is no tension. Once I put in a hook and tighten the cam, the jaws no longer have any play. I just make sure the jaws and the hook are at the proper angle when tightening the cam. At worst, rotate the vice once before starting to tie to make sure the hook is at the right angle.

Mine eats all the hooks I have tried with no problems. Gamakatsu circles in 2/0 and above slip but they are just too damn big.

I notice that I need to make fine adjustments more often with my peak, but when adjusted correctly, I have never had any hook slipping problems.

The adjustment knob has a very loose adjustment to it, I do wish it was a little harder to adjust the jaw tension as that would solve the above problem.

It's just a minor problem to a great vise!