Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
E. Oregon Midge

Lesson learned

i learned you don't use to thin of clear finger nail polish 2 finish the head with it will bleed up the feather and create a black spot and did the body in the manner Bud sug. but every thing still crosses at the 5 o'clock point

Rocky

post-12809-1200620955_thumb.jpg

:bugeyes: WOW!!!! Rocky, you're really doing well!!!! You managed to handle a lot of ribbing elements in that front body section. Not that easy to do. Rock on dude!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :yahoo:

great job rocky, you really pushed yourself to the limit on this one and did a fine job, congrats on a job well done on a beautiful fly.

Bud

Thanks for the remarks Bud and Ronn i look forward to meeting you both at Albany in March.

Steelyjim i don't now for sure over 10 hr. lots of doing and undoing in this 1

Rocky

Rocky ,That is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

an absolute jump. i am very amazed!!! the body work is phenominal!!!

Nice work.

Re-heads if you wax your thread when finisihing (actually wax it all the time - but you need practice to know how much, when) you'll find thec varnish tends to stay more in place (the wax acts as a resist) - also always put on at least one thin clear coat first before adding black - I only ever use one coat of black and never take it to the absolute edge of the thread - then create the finish with clear.

Dave

Wow that is a lot of ribbing!! Great work!!!

Thanks Dave C. for the lesson on finishing the head i will use it

And thanks JZ. Bob and Dan.

Way cant i post a wanted add on the trading floor? :wallbash:

And the pattern data bace i go into a flys pat. and get a hole diff. fly :wallbash:

Sign in to follow this