Fly Tying

Mr Carne I think you should refrain from making comments about

Ebay items. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all!

You never know whos reading them!!!!

I agree with Dave on his assessment of the bluebird skin. UK ebay sellers often offer much more beautiful stuffed Fairy Bluebirds for close to the same price, but they may also be higher. I have seen several that were stunning.

Bud told me the blue feathers are enameled much like that of the eyes of the Jungle Cock, and they really are, totally unlike any feathers I seen before on any of the birds I treat or have seen over the years. They may well be oily as Dave mentioned, but to me they are also beautiful and extremely unusual.

Also, I believe we can say what we think here concerning ebay items; it is an auction , and each of us has an opinion that may not agree with your's or mine. If a person likes that skin or any other, they should buy it and use it, no matter what others think. It is your decision to make. I have a beautiful Fairy Bluebird standing on my desk. I bought it because I liked it, and would have wheter Dave appreciated that species or not. I haven't removed a single feather, yet, but I do enjoy its beauty daily.

I still greatly appreciate and respect Dave's thoughts, whatever they may be, and whenever he offers them.

Ray

Looks like it sold, winning bidder was salmon*fly, hope it's someone on the forum. I agree with Harold on this, what Dave says holds weight with most of us, and we all would like to get more information about items we are considering buying. (Not that I wanted this skin, $200 for something I would not use much of is overkill for me).

Anyway, congrats to whoever won it, I hope they put it to good use.

Mr Carne I think you should refrain from making comments about

Ebay items. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all!

You never know whos reading them!!!!

The statment I made was 'Cheap!' - if it's a skin someone's after this was a very good price indeed.

The second bit if you read it PROPERLY is in reference to the nature of the feather's - since I own two FBB skins myself I'm fairly qualified to comment on what I think of the feathers - ie a bit greasy/waxey in appearance - hence the reason I avoid using it.

D

I don't think there are many people on this forum more capable of giving an opinion of this bird and it's use to the fly tier.

I think that anyone who is selling the item would love to have their item called cheap as it would cause people to bid up the price.