Fly Tying
pickin6ofem

Terrestrial Swap

I jsut got a real nice set of foam hoppers from Pelhament!!!! :headbang: :headbang:

Real nice ty!!!

Justin

Thanks! Although there wasn't much tying involved, just a lot of cutting, coloring, painting, and epoxying... It was fun tying these because I could do all 20 in steps like an assembly line. Cut all 20 out. Tie all 20 to the hook, color all 20, paint all 20, Tie in legs on all 20, then epoxy all 20. While the process took a couple of days for drying and what not. They were actually super simple to tie.

Hey pickin6ofem,

My flies went out on Tuesday. Forgot to let you know until now. Hope everyone likes them. I had a similar "tying" experience as Pelhament, except that I had to do it twice because I wasn't happy with the glue I used. Hope everyone will let me know how they hold up, I'm still playing with foam laminations.

Nick

I got a REAL NICE set of "Yellow Jackets" from N Parish!!!

WOW a real clean ty. Hey Nick what did you make the wings out of??

Thia is shapping up to be a GREAT SWAP!!!!

Thanks gang :headbang:

Justin

Hey pickin6ofem,

Thanks! I own a sign shop and have been making (experimental) wings with my digital printer and vinyl. I'm looking forward to seeing how they hold up. Hope everyone will tell me if they end up sucking.

Nick

Got a sweet set of Epoxy ants from Mr. McGinty!!

Theese are gonna be deadly here in the small creeks

& streams I like to fish here in So Cal.

Thanks Mr. McGinty!!!

Hello:

Fontinalis here. I started tying tonight and completed half. I will be finished by the weekend and will be mailing the flies out to you. I just need one thing to make you and this swap happy. I need a mailing address. I will also inform you when I send the flies out and will ask if you would please let me know when you receive them.

Thank You

Fontinalis

Pickin6ofem:

I have been busy tying for a bunch of other swaps. And now it time to do this one. I will be tying a Peacock Beetle.

Frank

Hello All:

Flies were placed in the mail today and are heading to California to our host. Thanks for hosting the swap and thanks for allowing me to join. I can't wait to see every ones work.

Fontinalis

Frank,

I know how you feel buddy, I'm trying to get all my other swaps done as well.

I got 10 of the 20 done for this one so I'm feelin' pretty good, but I just want to be done.

The Beetle sound good to me.

Fontinalis,

I will let you know when your flies end up in my Mail Box. No problem on the hosting part,

Thank you for joining this swap!!

I'll tell you what, this swap is looking really good soo far,

I think you will really like the selection of flies from it.

Justin

Pickin6ofem:

This pattern is a bit more complicated than I originally thought; but that's why I do the swaps in the first place. I have tied about a dozen and I am just about getting all the parts to work. Thank god for razer blades!! The Tier's best friend. I am also the outings chairman for our local club, and I scheduled an outing for one of the only spring creeks in Washington state for next weekend!! I've never fished one so I think I will be a bit distracted this week. I am also a retired chef and I have to put together a chili feed for the members who make the trip. [/u]There are no beans in Chili!!! Sorry I'm not from Texas. Why don't you send me your ADDY so I can get the package off as soon as possible. :thumbsup:

Frank

By the way, the club has a member who ties a box of flies for each outing that we ghive away. This is a gentleman, Ed Ruckey, who just turned 70, who started tying when he was 8. I would love to pass along some of the boxes he has tied. I have a lot of good shots of his efforts. He is also an authority of the classic patterns for the Northwest and BC Canada. :yahoo:

Frank,

Once again I hear ya loud and clear!

I'm tying a new hopper pattern I have never tried

I got some wing, body and Hopper leg cutters a while back

and I am finally getting a chance to try them out.

Spent a few hours punching out parts and now I have been assbleing

them. There taking more time than I expected for sure. But thats why I host/join

a lot of swaps as well.

I am also a Chef here in california and have a party for 700 vegetarians :wallbash:

are there really 700 vegetarians out there :hyst: I can't wait 'til tommrows done :yahoo:

anyway thanks for joining/pushing yourself for this swap, cause I'm really diggin this set of bugs!!!

Justin