Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
QCflies

The Kate 4/0

Dave,

I like how you described the Kate I tied as a more 20th Century version of the Classic Kate. Looking at some 19th century versions I see where the discrepancy arises. Certainly your knowledge and experience regarding these patterns brings you to the place where recognizing the above mentioned discrepancies may come more intuitively than someone of my experience.

Your input is of the highest value, and will be reflected in my next attempt at tying a Classic such as this.

Doug

Doug,

If you ever need pattern recipes don't hesitate to ask members of this forum. Somebody, somewhere will have the reference you need.

Also, don't be surprised if Mike R hasn't already seen your fly. He's been known to hang out around these parts.

Charlie Vestal

Thanks for the offer and heads up Charlie. I have a fairly good selection of references of patterns, including Kelson, P-T, Hardy (thanks to Dave C.) etc. What intrigues me is folks like Dave C. and yourselves vast grasp and depth of the history of the patterns. I love it!!!

Also I have a limited selection of materials and often have to wing it when it comes to some patterns, which I also like doing.

I am not one to be affraid to ask for help and will do so in the future. All the flies I've posted so far have been tied pre-induction to the Forum. With this exposure it's great to have all the help and knowledge.

Doug

Nice tye Doug......... :dunno: how i missed it before. I bet you've made GREAT strides in the almost 9 months since you posted it. Good on ya. mark..... ;)

Sign in to follow this