Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
CapeBSalar

Marrying wings ~ Virtual Classroom

that was a good time huh Paul? we need to do this much more often, damian was a great teacher and did a fine job. thanks damian

Bud

Didn't want to put anyone to sleep.

Just went to review the recording and the software crashed and the file is no good. So to all those involved in this little experiment, your secrets and my embarrassments are safe from being exposed to the world.

:hyst: :hyst:

nothing to be embarrassed by friend, your skills were quite evident in that little demo . it was a pleasure watching you

Bud

THANKS DAMIAN!

I really did have to feed the dogs. After a run they need to be fed, as soon as possible. I was amazed at how fast you wrapped that wing on. Dave had just turned me on to that more direct technique with out the soft loops. I wish I could see it again. I'll just have to rely on flashbacks on my next wing.

You endure the harassment very well. Those guys must be good friends.

Cheers,

Doug

doug, funny you mention the soft loop, i strap a wing on like damian did, quick, no soft loop, i think once you have enough wings straped on behind you , you end up doing it quick as damian did. i think it comes with practice, we preach to beginners to use a soft loop but i haven't done that in ages, i just hold the wing inplace and wrap the thread over quick now.

Bud

Bud,

No need to explain that, I could tell by the way you banter back and forth. Like I said from what i've seen of his work, and yours and paul's you guys are in a league of your own.

On your Trinity fly I wrote "it makes my flies look like worms on a hook", and I mean that.

I'm glad to have entered this dark and twisted world when I did.

Doug

It was a learning experience for me using the virtual room, but it's like anything new, the first time is the hardest time, but once you are over that bump, next time should be easier, I'm looking into a better webcam too with auto focus, zoom, face tracking, etc.

Doug, you are most welcome I'm glad you joined us, yes, we are a very close knit bunch here on the forum, and I've met a few of the guys here in person but interacting with the group almost daily for over three years in some cases you get pretty comfortable joking around and I've made some great friends here.

All the Best,

Damian.

Sign in to follow this