Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Carne

Bonne Bouche 5/0

In terms of the wing this is easily the most complex fly I know - must admit I'm really please with it - one of the 2 or 3 best flies I've ever tied I think - tied it once before with a full married wing and once with a mixed underwing.

The bottom strip by the way is actually the third element of the underwing by the way - did the teal (actually pintail) as 'slices' ie attached to the stem - partly to allow the elngth and partly coz it works better on this pattern. Decided to finish the head in red thread before doing the wool bit for a change.

Hope you approve.

Dave

post-3384-1200743862_thumb.jpg

That is spectacular.

I just love the roof and sides on it.

What is your secret my friend? :)

Best rgds.

Kay

That is real beauty Dave. I can understand the complexity in the wing. That's a lot of traffic going on in a very small area!

Very, very well done.

Marc

At the Somerset show, everyone kept mentioning a Bonne Bouche that Paul Little had tied on the FlytyingIreland page and Dave Gotz mentioned that it was his favorite classic ever. Paul did a wonderful job on his fly and yours is equally impressive. Definitely one of the most beautiful flies I have seen from you or anyone else.

Paul would be proud! Nice work my friend.

Carne is back in the swing of things and I couldn't be happier! :thumbup:

At the Somerset show, everyone kept mentioning a Bonne Bouche that Paul Little had tied on the FlytyingIreland page and Dave Gotz mentioned that it was his favorite classic ever. Paul did a wonderful job on his fly and yours is equally impressive. Definitely one of the most beautiful flies I have seen from you or anyone else.

Paul would be proud! Nice work my friend.

Carne is back in the swing of things and I couldn't be happier! :thumbup:

Ah but Paul cheated and left the sides off! :P

Otherwise though his is my favourite fly of all (and the Al Cohen flies in Dunham).

Dave

Dave, as they say in american baseball, it's a grand slam :headbang: :headbang:

I compared it to the last two versions. I think this body is cleaner, and I believe it's the vertical teal that really makes this stand out, it just really sets the rest of the beautiful wing off. really nice. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

DC:

Your creative, uncompromised, and challenging interpretation of the Bonne Bouche pattern leaves me bowled over and inspired to tie again. Congratulations my friend on an exceptional tie

dg

Sweet, you are a man among men in taking on that wing. One of these days I'll work up the courage or be sufficiently inebriated to take on this pattern. :lol:

Coming from a novice like myself there's little I could say to impress upon you how incredible this fly is. As you yourself said it's one of your best. You are probably like most of us, your own worst critic. So take that to heart.

For now I'll just stick with screwing up the patterns and dressings I already tie before even thinking about a pattern this complex.

Kudos,

Doug

:bugeyes: :o :bugeyes:

OK, Carne, I'm sending you a bill for one (1) pair of Smartwool socks, because that fly just blew clean off the ones I'd been wearing!

I agree that this is one of your best flies. Considering how many masterpieces you've created, that's really saying something. Furthermore, it's the gold standard against how this pattern should be tied. Wow!

John

What a way to come back after your break, I agree with everything you say about this fly. I also agree with everything everyone has said as well. I just can't stop looking at it, even whilst I'm typing this, I have to break off and go and have another look. That fly is truly a world class one.

:bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: :bugeyes: WOW don't know were to start Mr. Crane. Other than that is BEAUTIFUL :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sign in to follow this