Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
yassid

Jock - Scott 7/0

Wow! :bugeyes: what a unique combination with the shortened hook shank and sky-high wing. The body is incredible, and the wing is beyond compare.

I can't fathom how you guys do it?? I struggle on the standard 24 barb wings without varying the color layers. One can only hope that someday it will come.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Doug

:headbang: :headbang:

Spectacular! The high-set wing is a fitting counterpoint to the short hook. So is the long, sweeping hackle/throat combination.

John

Technically superb as ever - though I'm not sure on the short shank/resulting proportions - still experimenting is what we all do I guess.

Dave

I really like the overall effect of the fly and it's shape and must prefer that I think I prefer a shortened version to the really long stretched out versions.

Nice work!

Thanks all.. Dave C do you not like short shanked wing style?

I like my hooks 'just so' - too long or too short unless specifically suited to the pattern tends to bother me - overshanked on a Black Dog, Gordon or Nicholson for instance - short where actually specified (Welsh patterns in Francis) - the short shank tends to result in an especially high looking wing too - a look which I can't get on with at all - all that said of course - the tying itself is technically superb - as it is with every fly you tie.

Dave

One of the best Jock Scott, if not the best Jock Scott I've ever seen. . .

That Fly would probably win any fly tying contest. . .

Frame it; it's nicer than any painting :)

Rgds

Kay

Sign in to follow this