Fly Tying

I can only dream of owning such a specimen. Having said that, I would love to own simply 1 pair for reference purposes. The substitutes nowadays are almost as good I think.

What would you do if you could acquire such a beauty? I don't know what I would do with it. I would probably take just enough feathers off it to tie just 1 Black Argus.

Marc

I also wanted to add that I won't be surprised to see this item mysteriously taken off Ebay........

Marc

I'm with Long. I would pitch in to buy a few pair.

I wonder if we could pull together a team to make it happen??

Marc

I wonder what the shipping charge would be to the U.S.? Any ideas on what the selling price of this bird might be?

Ray

I would say the current high bidder would make by far the best use of it of anyone that ain't got one and wants it - least I forget again - it's Luc Couturier.

Saw one on David Attenborough's 'The Life Of Birds' - they have by far the most bizaare mainting dance of any bird - makes yer average bird of paradise look like a shrinking violet.

Dave

Dave, could you do your best impression of the Trag's mating dance and post the video here? :)

I'm with Long and Marc. I would pitch in to buy 7 pairs (black w/ white spot) and 3 pairs of those "yellow-reddish-topping-breast feathers".

If a trusted forum member would like to take the initiative, I would certainly take the chance of transferring the money to an account as soon as he got the bid. . . .

Or if that someone who buys it reads this, please notice that I would be interested in buying a few feathers from you, even though it's persons like Bud, Dave and Long who deserves such materials to work with :)

Best Rgds.

Kay Roger M. Tjøsvoll