Fly Tying
JSzymczyk

Clouspinner

here is one example of how I did it. .024 wire, green glass bead, #1 clevis, #2 silver colorado blade. It casts OK on my 7wt.

This evening at a nearby pond I caught 5 LMB and 3 crappies with it!

post-10077-1201052679_thumb.jpg

Here's some spoon flies I tied a few years ago. Made with some fake fingernails I found in a bargain bin at the drug store. There are some lead wraps on the underside of the "spoons" that you can see in the second photo. FYI, If you have spinning blades on your "fly", it might be considered a lure in some states and therefore illegible to be fished in some sections of water deemed "fly only". As always, check  you state and local regs. This spoon fly would be legal as a "fly".

20150226_073131.jpg

20150226_073235.jpg

Nice.  I tied some up for shad a few years ago to imitate the flutter spoons folks were using for them.   I used the fake finger nails.  I didn't add any weight, so even with a sinking line they didn't get down into the shad's strike zone.  Did catch a couple of sunfish on them.  I've got some small blades, that I would use on a Road Runner or Coyote type fly.  Maybe I'll tie up a half dozen spoons, along with the road runner imitations and add them to my panfish box.  Maybe I'll get them right this time.

I may have posted them here years ago,ice blades from netcraft i believe,They can be used as fly rod spoons.I have some i think siwash hooks in sz 12 that i dress and connect with a split ring.I have put tung beads on the hooks and lead tape on the blades.These blades were designed to accept solder being chrome plated brass.