Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
cornmuse

A great bucktail for early season

Man, I've been working too much! Have there really been 2000 posts since the last time I visited? I've got to get some time off....

Here's a great fly to chase away the winter blues... Created by Ed Materne in the 1940's, the Pigtails was designed for Rhode Island stripers. It's been working pretty well for me on Ohio R. wipers and bass, too! I love the look of a sparse bucktail, and if you're not carrying a selection here's a place to start...

IPB Image

You'll find the usual video and step-by-step instructions posted. Fly Fish Ohio

For those of you in the area, stop by and say hello at the BUFF fly fishing show (Feb 9 in Fairfield OH) or at the Miami Valley Adventure Summit (Feb 10 in Dayton at Wright State).

See ya' on the water!

Joe C.

I like it! We're gonna have to hook up and chase Wipers sometime... ever been to Pittsburgh? I have some spots where the bruisers play! 8-)

I've been there and it won't take much to convince me to find my way there again! Let me know when you want to go and I'll arrange to have some "business" in town! I love those Big O wipers!

Joe C.

HE'S ALIVE!!!

Yes I am! 172 days of business travel last year and this year looks similar if not worse :crying:

I still manage a tying video every month and an audio podcast every month (check out the newest podcast with Jerry Darkes - a great show on Erie warm water fly fishing just posted last night - and I just recorded an interview with Dave Whitlock to be published in March). Unfortunately I just don't have time to be as active as I was on the forum. I'm still kickin' tho!!! :headbang:

Joe C.