Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge 13

I have to apologize for my tardiness in this swap. I have had a few masochis....er tyers e-mail me about holding one. I had to wait until I really had time to do this. So here is the Challenge theme.

This one really has no scenerio unless you can figure out how you could have an encounter with a Yak while wrapped in a mesh onion bag?

So this is open to myself and EIGHT more people. No more than that and I do apologize, it is just that the postal logistics of a larger number become rather dicey.

I am sending you a section of raw Yak skirt or tail hair. The Yak comes from the U.S. actually and was sent to me by several very kind Yak farmers down there.

The other material will be a mesh of some kind. onion bag, orange bag, other less familiar things.

You may only use the material I send you, plus your selection of thread and hook. You may however do anything you want to these materials to make them work for you. You may not use thread as a third material, only for the traditional thead and tyinguse.

The first 8 (EIGHT) people that reply with an "I'm in" are entered. I know this is not seemingly as difficult as the last ones but you may be suprised....Oh and you MUST use both yak and mesh together, you may NOT only use one of the materials.

I will be away froom Friday night until Sunday night. If the swap is full by then I will extend the next step that must (MUST) be followed after you reply with "I'm in"

Thanks folks, let's see if this can work one more time.

Tyers are:

Billb....address sent......flies arrived

Vtflyhack.....address sent.....flies arrived

Joeking....address sent....flies arrived

Redwings1......address sent.....flies received.

Flyfishingwright......address sent

Dale......address sent....flies arrived

mnorton.....address sent.....flies arrived

troutnabout.....address sent

Herman.....address sent....flies received

SWAP IS FULL

I'm in (for it)!!!!! . . . . .now to find some yak hair to practice on . . . . .

I don't know really. I wrote a piece on Yak farms for another site and the folks that I contacted sent me a huge amount of hair so I sort of put it with the other stuff I had and went "There!"

Nice to see you all here! One more to go I think?

I would like to get in, but I'm too late. If possible a place on the bench (in case someone drops out)?

My apologies on the lack of a due date. I am notorious for giving too much time, so here is the rest of the story. The eight members listed on my first post will have to e-mail me their mailing addresses by this Monday. I will drop the envelopes in the mail on Friday, Feb 01/08 and allow 10 working days for them to arrive at your home. After that you have until March 06/08 to tie the flies. The flies MUST be in the mail on March 07/08 at the latest. I think for eight flies that should be enough time.

Please enclose $3 in the envelope that you return them to me in. I will take care of the return envelope to keep the bulk down. I will have them divided up and in the mail to you by the end of March, which allows for mailing delays to me.

If the deadline is too close it is okay to back out, just let me know as soon as possible. I will keep the last one or two late comers on a spare list incase there are problems. Thanks for the heads-uo Steve, I'm sorry you didn't make it on my account....Kerry

Hi folks. Just got back from a Fly Show in Calgary. I was on my way down on Friday night when I realized I had not updated this. I apologize for that but it gave fowlmood a chance to let me know that he was going to be away for the time frame of the swap. I'll check the PM's and see if I need to update any more....Kerry.

P.S. I let one more tyer in....he was the only extra since fowlmood left and I sort of felt bad, I hope you folks don't mind, but now the swap is full.