Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge 13

Hey Inconnu. I saw the first post and was planning on jumping in, but i noticed there were alot of sucke...I mean, new people interested in tortu....a.....challenge swapping. So i thought i'd sit this one out. This in no way signals defeat on my part :crutch:

:P looks like a great swap. And glad to see you back around the ftf.

good luck everybody.

Why do I get the feeling, you feel we are going to need lots of good luck Chris? :wallbash: :wallbash:

Hey Chris I was wondering where you were! Not like you to miss a good bout of masochism now is it?? No worries Joeking, all wounds heal in time. But honestly this won't be as nasty as some of them.....Kerry

But honestly this won't be as nasty as some of them.....Kerry

Kerry: Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that you've said this many times before?

Bill

Awww man! You are so suspicious. Joeking I do not have your address yet? You can PM me or e-mail it to me.

[email protected]. As soon as possible please, so I can get this tortuoussss....er material off to you....Kerry

Check the first post for updates as theyoccurr.

Welcome aboard everyone, I hope you enjoy yourselves in this swap. Please remember above all that this is supposed to be fun. You do not need to come up with showcase quality flies, just fishable patterns. Any concerns or questions please ask away.....Kerry

By the way folks, I thought I would mention that the yak hair you are receiving is compliments of http://www.springbrookranch.com/ as the owner was kind enough to send me some yak hair for a story I did on another site. Take a look at the critters this comes from. Most or all of the tying yak we get comes from China, but the North American market is growing.

I didnt get the material yet. My flies for the beadheadswap took 14 days to get over the ocean....

okay....after working all night and getting some repairs to the car today I fianlly lay down and start to fall asleep ( gotta be back to work in 8hrs) mailman comes and the wife YELLS to me upstairs...mind you im trying to sleep .....YOU GOT SOME PACKAGE FROM CANADA WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?.....uh umm oh yeah that is my stuff for the next fly swap don't touch it leave it alone I will take care of it later..so then the boys start in I want to tie a fly dad...mom yells leave your father alone he is trying to sleep..who can sleep with all this going on..........so up I get to open my envelope for my meshy yak challenge cool cant wait... :headbang:

That Yak Hair is pretty cool !!!! I have never used any before this mind game of a challenge. If this challenge burns in flames for me, I have been introduced to something cool. That link to the yak farm is pretty neat. :headbang: I am shure yaks would get along pretty good here in VT.

vtflyhack

All of the Yak farmers I contacted for the story were very happy to co-operate and gave me a lot of information on the use of the animal hair and undercoat. I know they are interested in hearing from people who have questions or wish to purchase yak products. I would love to see the dyed hair business become more North American related.

Hope you enjoy the challenge vtflyhack!

got the yak hair but someone cut up my ex-wife's old red metallic Disco dress (from 1976) and sent that in place of the onion bag :hyst: