Fly Tying
Inconnu

Challenge 13

Sorry I have been updating the first post as I mentioned above somewhere. I just put up the receipt of Redwings flies and the other two packages are on their way. I would say that since I know the rest is coming, that I will have the flies out to you on Friday morning. I will let you know.

This last set from Redwing are just beautiful! Again I think I have been too easy and will spend the rest of the year plotting my next challenge for next winter!

He di'dn't mention what friday did he :dunno:

This last set from Redwing are just beautiful!

Glad you liked them. I was pretty pleased with how they turned out...and they are entirely fishable to boot ;)

Tomorrow it's Friday again.......................................

Did anyone hear of an earthquake in Canada this month???? Or big fire ore major computercrashes???

maybe he is out in the iceouts testing each and every fly :hyst:

but on the serious side I hope nothing bad happened and we have not heard about

Sorry guys! I have just been working way too much! They fired a guy at work so I have been picking up extra shifts and when I am on nights I cannot function enough to do more than work.

I also have a project that suddenly took off so I have been neglectful. Flies should be in the mail tomorrow afternoon....wait...Friday afternoon I think it is after midnight and I am at work until 0600hrs.

They all look cool and there were two rather unique uses of the materials I sent.

I will post a group photo once everyone has them. Talk to you all when they actually hit the mail, now it is back to work for another six hours.....Kerry

kerry

i liked my idea of you testing each fly first... :hyst:

I hear you on the work thing I too am working a ton OT...guys on vac ...injuries etc....

will keep an eye open for the update

mike :D

Okay now I have time to breathe....for about 12 hours.

Flies are sent, but I wanted to fill you in on some details. One package did not arrive and I am PM'ing the tyer. If they get here I will send a fly on to each of you, his are already packaged. I want to thank everyone for their participation! There are some pretty cool patterns and though most are streamers, a couple of you got brave and went another direction.

Mine are sad excuses but I am taking them to a local walleye lake just so I can say they would catch fish!!

Those who sent a couple of extra dollars, I appreciate the thought. I have been trying to get my envelopes down to a slimmer size so shipping is less. Canadian postal rates are crazy and I seldom ask for enough to cover it, but I think this time I did a bit better. I chatted with the postal people who gave me some rules I was not aware of.

Those who sent extra flies, well I always appreciate them and while I use them, I also send some of them to Casting for Recovery Canada as well, so they always find a good home.

I must apologize for the lapse in communication, as Spring approaches, for some reason people at work start calling in sick, or hey getting fired and I was pretty much focused on just getting through my weeks. Of course my car died and I bought a new Honda Fit, I look like a grizzly climbing out of a 45 gallon drum! The good old Canadian Gov't gives me a rebate of $1000. and I get 50 mpg. Makes fishing trips a bit easier to go on if I don't need my boat, so it is actually a good deal for me.

I am also working on bringing Project Healing Waters to Canada and that suddenly required my time as well, but though I am late, they are on the way. Once everyone gets theirs I will post a picture of them.

Take care guys and thanks again, you were great!

Did anyone get his flies yet? I think I'll have to wait for a day or 5...............

In case the wind is against the plain it'll take some days longer............................................

Nothing here yet, but sometimes the pony express gets hung up at the border . . .

Thay should be coming guys, I am not sure about postage time and Herman, I think they use pigeons instead of planes these days. Let me know.....Kerry